Muslimah Monday : Nielfa Hanifa


Let me introduce you to our first feature for Muslimah Mondays, Nielfa Hanifa from Cape Town.

Nielfa with her husband
Introduce yourself to the readers
My name is Nielfa Hanifa and I’m from Cape Town. I work as a book designer and typesetter and have been wearing hijab for the last 5 years.

What is your hijab experience?
I grew up in a household with very strong Islamic values and naturally, when I reached puberty my parents urged me into wearing the scarf and to dress modestly. So even though, I wore hijab during most of my teenage years, I think I mostly did it to keep my parents happy. Then in my late teens and early 20's I had a bit of a rebellion and I wasn't wearing hijab at all. When I decided to wear hijab again, it wasn’t influenced by anyone wanting me to do so. I now wear hijab for Allah t'a and only for His sake. I now love my hijab and can’t see myself without it, I feel that it’s an integral part of my identity as a Muslimah. May Allah t'a always guide me and all Muslims, Insha’Allah.

What is your hijab style?
I don’t think I have a specific hijab style. Sometimes I’d wear abayas for days on end; and other times I’d dress up in my latest boutique find and match it up with heels. If I had to describe my style, I’d say it’s 10% matching clothes together and 90% being confident.

What items do you consider a must-in every girl/muslimah's closet?
A dark-washed pair of jeans. It can be worn casually everyday or glammed up for an evening out. A beautifully embellished abaya in your cupboard is a must have too, so even though you don't feel like coordinating an entire outfit, you'll still look elegant.

Any last tips for the readers?
Don’t be afraid to incorporate latest styling trends into your wardrobe, many pieces can be very easily tweaked to be hijab friendly. Most importantly, always be confident in whatever you wear.


If you'd like to be featured on Muslimah Mondays  mail me at hijabsablog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥♥ Share your thoughts ♥♥